It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:03 am

Important! Minecraft 1.3

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Important! Minecraft 1.3

Postby Zancarius » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 pm

The Minecraft server has been updated to version 1.3 and should be working correctly.

The information below has been retained in the event you're playing on an outdated 1.2.x server. Don't forget to download the new launcher. It's not necessary, but it is advisable.

Please read this before you run your client today (February 22nd).

If you haven't already done so, make certain to download the new launcher; this will give you the option to selectively apply updates.

If you have updated your client, you won't be able to connect to our server. The Minecraft forums are down as of this writing, and I haven't yet figured out how to update (converted) the server-side maps as updating it with the client seems to break things. For the time being, download the 1.2 client from our site and replace the contents of your %APPDATA%/Roaming/.minecraft with the contents of minecraft.zip. This should overwrite the %APPDATA%/Roaming/.minecraft/bin directory with the one under minecraft.zip/.minecraft/bin.

Be sure to make a backup of your existing .minecraft first and use the new downloader to launch your client.

Once the server is updated to version 1.3, you can either delete the %APPDATA%/Roaming/.minecraft/bin/version file to force an update or use the Options -> Force Update from the new launcher.

On *nix platforms, substitute %APPDATA%/.minecraft with ~/.minecraft. On Windows, this should typically be found under C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft (Vista or later) or C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\.minecraft (or C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\.minecraft) for XP or earlier.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Important! Minecraft 1.3

Postby Zancarius » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:14 pm

There have been some changes that may affect game play. Notably:

• Beds have been added but attempting to sleep in them in survival multiplayer (SMP) may disconnect other players. Beds do not currently alter your spawn point, but Mojang promises to add this in a near future release presumably when they fix some of the currently outstanding bugs.
  • Infinitely burning blocks no longer work (they will be consumed). The only alternative is to use Netherrack obtainable only from the nether. This is not available on SMP unless you use the command: /give [player] 87 [quantity]. There is a supply available in my old crafting area (greenhouse adjacent to HG's place)
  • Client-side chunk glitches appear to be fixed. I wandered around for about a half hour and never saw one (except for chunks ahead of me that hadn't loaded yet).
  • Zombies may bug; the patch notes indicate that zombies cannot hurt the player unless they are one block above. (Fixed.)
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:21 pm

woohoo
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Killemal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Thalaria wrote:There have been some changes that may affect game play. Notably:

Client-side chunk glitches appear to be fixed. I wandered around for about a half hour and never saw one (except for chunks ahead of me that hadn't loaded yet).

WOO MOTHERFUCKING HOO
Killemal
Retired Goon

Postby Killemal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Also, link to minecraft 2.1 is forbidden.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

::Edit::
NVM. R-click, Save As.

::Edit2::
Or not. Hmmmm
Killemal
Retired Goon

Postby Zancarius » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Killemal wrote:Also, link to minecraft 2.1 is forbidden.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

::Edit::
NVM. R-click, Save As.

::Edit2::
Or not. Hmmmm

Fixed. I got sidetracked and didn't bother checking it. Apparently my scp umask stripped read perms for group/world.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Whitelisting is enabled. You will need to ask the permission of someone listed here before joining, and they'll add you to the whitelist. This is a precautionary configuration to protect our existing labor.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft