It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:28 am

Influence, how we get it!

Place for tips and tricks

Influence, how we get it!

Postby Grimblast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 am

Influence, how do we get it!? Elementary my dear Watson, we do stuff! To be more specific, this post from the official Guild Wars 2 wiki sums it all up for us. Things to keep in mind about influence, if you group with guildies, you get more for the guild! Especially in dungeon situations. Also, what may work (but I'll have to test it), make sure to log into the guild with multiple characters. We might as well milk the influence for amount of guild members online when we can. Seems to be an easy potential for 200 influence or more every 24 hours.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Influence, how we get it!

Postby Zancarius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 am

Well, crap. I thought I was told there was diminishing returns from the influence logging in with multiple chars. Guess I'm gonna do however many I got which should be about 6 or 7 by now.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 pm

According to what they have listed, 10 influence per unique character up to 20 characters, then the amount of influence earned for additional characters logging in goes down to 5 per character and after 50 unique characters, it goes to 1 per. Seems they are showing us the hard coded diminishing returns for attendance at least. It certainly helps small guilds like ours because we do pull in a decent amount of influence when we are just alting it up and hopping around our characters. Then again, you may be on to something they haven't fully explained in the wiki. How many characters on an account will it register switching like that and will it DR you because of how many characters you are juggling. I'll test this over the next week and see what happens!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:58 pm

So it's effectively negligible since most people aren't going to have more than maybe 10. ;)
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Tips & Tricks