It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 am

Terraria, Holiday Weekend and other gaming

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Terraria, Holiday Weekend and other gaming

Postby Grimblast » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:44 am

So, who's up for some Terraria this holiday weekend? If Terraria isn't your cup of tea, suggest something! Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm(free game) is actually not too bad either. Quick games with little time sink surprisingly. If we could get a prebuilt team going, we might be able to coordinate with TS or whatever. Could even try some Diablo 3 for kicks. Start new characters and turn up the difficulty because we are awesome. Those are the few I can think of that most of you have/have access to. Again, if there's something else yall feel like, just say something. I'm sure we can set something up to play.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Terraria, Holiday Weekend and other gaming

Postby Elade » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:11 am

I'm down for whatevs.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Terraria's massive content patch is out the same day there's a leap second. That ought to be interesting (and that's tomorrow).
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Tirian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:43 am

Keep me in the loop on time/game? Depends on whether I'm still on sick leave. My PC Terraria is way behind and I've not touched HoS yet (but have it downloaded). Diablo, of course, is much fairer game :-)
Letting the demon do the work for me since 2004.
I play to some degree: WoW (EU now, US before), Guild Wars 2 (EU), SWTOR.
Tirian
Officer

Postby Elade » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 am

Here's another idea. Grim Dawn looks like a promising Baulder's Gate/Diable love child, and it's only $30 on steam if we wanna go that route. I might pick it up this evening and give it a test trial.
Elade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:34 am

That's an interesting question, what times would work for you, Cole? I can make an effort to be on super late or early here. I believe Elade is east coast time and Ben and I are mountain.

Elade wrote:Grim Dawn looks like a promising Baulder's Gate/Diable love child, and it's only $30 on steam if we wanna go that route.

I've only skimmed that game but haven't checked it out. Could be interesting. Let me know if its worth grabbing or not. Diablo 3 really has matured well and it has a bit of re-playability. It's expansion certainly was worth grabbing due to the whole adventure mode it introduced. There is something exciting about having a full party with fresh brand new characters though that makes it very awesome. The game scales well with multiple players for sure.

Tirian wrote:My PC Terraria is way behind

Terraria is a very small download in case you do need to update it. It's less than 100megs. Small game with a lot of depth now, hah! Also, sorry to hear you've been sick. Hopefully all is well!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:26 am

Could be that Tirian has been spending most of his Terraria time on mobile rather than developing characters on his PC, too.

And as much fun as it is to start from scratch, you do kinda waste the first 2-5 hours of the game collecting materials just to progress passed the first one or two bosses.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:22 am

I have the ability to gleefully smash walls, doors, and hapless inanimate objects in Grim Dawn. That is how I spent the hour I've played so far. 10/10
Elade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:34 pm

I updated diablo 3 just in case. I don't think I have any established characters in Terraria. So that's probably not going to work out.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:39 am

Well, I guess what I'll do is be on TS around noon my time(mountain) Saturday and if someone wants to do something, just let me know. I was hoping to include as many as I could ahead of time but seems this thread died.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Tirian » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 am

Hey! Sorry for my disappearance. As I think Ben at least already knew, I ended up in the hospital unexpectedly. Am out - and well, if exhausted - now. I got my TS3 working again today, but I'm not sure I'll make it at a reasonable time for you guys - it's dinner time here and I've just begun to hunt around. How about I'll log in when I get home and see what's up with you? If you guys cancel or are already done, no prob, we all understand the big time difference.
Tirian
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:58 pm

I've been busy-ish today and will be doing a cookout. Which is fine, 'cause I actually don't really like Diablo 3. And usually someone skips passed all the dialog.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Tirian » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Happy Independence Day, y'all! God bless America!
Tirian
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:09 pm

To you as well! Shame you weren't here! Fireworks, forest fires, and burgers for today's Independence Day!

(Just kidding about one of those.)
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum