It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

Ok, new Wolfenstein has my attention

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Ok, new Wolfenstein has my attention

Postby Grimblast » Sat May 11, 2013 9:41 am

Ok, so Bethesda and ID know how to get my attention, but will they deliver unlike Rage? We shall see!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Ok, new Wolfenstein has my attention

Postby Zancarius » Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 am

Rage was good up until about the halfway point, then it felt rushed. Sad that you can almost tell where Bethesda bought id. Still, the Tech 4 engine is impressive--it's just a shame that after the buy-out, the engine is in-house only and traditional id behavior (selling, eventually open sourcing) will never happen again...

So, I won't hold out much hope for this but maybe they'll surprise us. I'd complain about yet-another-franchise-reboot, but since everyone is doing it these days there's probably no point. And sometimes they're good.

(Still waiting on a decent Doom reboot, though, and one that's not a tech demo with cut scenes every new encounter.)
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum