It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

Elderscrolls online footage

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Elderscrolls online footage

Postby Grimblast » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:55 pm

I found footage of the Elderscrolls Online game from Quakecon. It has some promise. Given how creative the single player Elderscrolls games are, this MMO may survive.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Elderscrolls online footage

Postby Zancarius » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:40 pm

I think the "fantasy MMO genre" is getting a little overplayed, and I'm actually somewhat disappointed that they didn't do a Borderlands-esque (and like several other FPS games) multiplayer with up to 4 players. Maybe it'll work out, if only by name recognition, but for having never released the brand as a multiplayer game and suddenly jumping into a saturated genre, it seems more like a "me too" business decision to improve long term cash flow. If they can do something revolutionary vis-a-vis Guild Wars 2 they might have something worthwhile, but even GW2 has proven that--no matter the promises--MMOs evolve into a grind in effort to retain and addict their playerbase. Can Bethesda do it differently? Can anyone do it differently?

I would've loved to have seen Skyrim with multiplayer capabilities. But as an MMO? Hope that works out for them.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum