It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

VirtualBox 5.0.4 Problem

If you have something technology-related to share and don't feel like cluttering up General Chat, post it here. Anything is fair game and anything highly technical is preferred.

VirtualBox 5.0.4 Problem

Postby Zancarius » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Finally found out what my problem was with VirtualBox. It's (sort of) documented here, here, here, and here. The current bug reports are mostly Windows 7 and 8.1 related, but it appears the bug manifests differently under Windows 10. Obviously, I don't have a Windows 7 install anymore to test out.

So, the differences in my case are:

• I can connect to the guest via the host or from the guest to the host over IPv4.
  • I can ping the host from the guest or vice-versa via IPv4 and IPv6.
  • I cannot connect to any service on the guest from the host or from the guest to the host regardless of protocol.
  • The problem disappears when I revert to VirtualBox 5.0.2. But I encounter the race condition that occurs during launch where it takes 4-5 times to launch a guest before it'll start without error under Windows 10.

If you're planning on using VirtualBox any time soon under Windows 10, be aware that it should work unless you're using it to test IPv6 or any services that utilize IPv6.

This isn't resolved as of VirtualBox 5.0.5-r102614 either.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Technology Lounge