It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 pm

Halloween Event Live

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

Halloween Event Live

Postby Grimblast » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 am

Looks like the Halloween event went live late last night. For a copy of all the event info for last night's patch, here's some light reading!

Thankfully since I'm a pack rat, all those saved transformation potions are about to come in handy I guess for the costume brawl.

Also, it looks like they corrected/changed the recipe for that nifty shield I built. Sort of kills the project we had to hook Jay up with the materials as a surprise so he could make one. Seems it was a bug but I took the gamble and got it through a bugged recipe I guess. At least now it won't be such a gamble since the materials are guaranteed to get you the shield. The down side is how long it will take to make that shield. The following is a correction to the recipe I used to make my Wall of the Mists.

The Mystic Forge recipe for the Wall of the Mists now requires 250 orichalcum shield bosses instead of powerful blood and 30 giant eyes instead of 1.

I used 250 Powerful Blood, 1 giant eye, 1 eldritch scroll, and 50 mystic coins for a chance at the shield. Guess that recipe was supposed to be for the Lidless eye Scepter. They've acknowledged that that recipe should've been for the Lidless eye only and they've increased the giant eye requirement to 10. Guess I was lucky to have gotten the shield when I did. The correct recipe for the shield is a bit pricey to make now. At least my shield will be that much more unique until someone gets that much Orichalcum ore and shields built.

For those that helped me build up powerful blood so we could get Jay materials for the shield, I will reimburse you with powerful blood since I was able to make a bunch through the mystic forge. If anything, the blood will help you build some exotic level equipment at the upper crafting tiers.

Edit: I noticed there was a twitter post from Anet that states the finale for the event is October 28th and not the 31st.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat