It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Tribes: Ascend is now in Open Beta

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Tribes: Ascend is now in Open Beta

Postby Grimblast » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:18 am

This is old news but I forgot to post it. Tribes: Ascend has gone into Open Beta. The game is free to play with the option to buy credits(gold points) to use to unlock abilities and class combos sooner than later. The game is fast paced and very fun. It actually is starting to feel like the old Tribes 1 game Zancarius and I played the hell out of but much prettier. I wouldn't mind partying up with some guildies sometime to play this game. It does a pretty good job of matching players up with others to play the game against so you aren't left waiting for things to shoot, defend, or capture.

I do recommend practicing with skiing and using the jetpack as well as vehicular combat. With a little practice, its really not too bad. The game does a good job at showing you how to play thanks to the tutorials and tips.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Tribes: Ascend is now in Open Beta

Postby Zancarius » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 pm

I keep forgetting about that.

Are they still doing the "if you pay now during beta, you get some goodies" thing even though it's open?
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Tribes: Ascend is now in Open Beta

Postby Grimblast » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm

I believe there is still the option for VIP status. It's like the purchase price if you were to buy a copy of the game if it wasn't free. VIP status gives you some starting gold points as well as a natural increase in experience earned from doing everything in Tribes. I think the VIP status is like $20. Not very expensive.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum