It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 am

Esseles Flashpoint Trailer

Star Wars: The Old Republic chat and discussion. Have something you need to share? Go here!

Esseles Flashpoint Trailer

Postby Grimblast » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:22 am

The Essele Flashpoint Trailer shows and explains how the dialogue works in this game. I like how it randomizes whom it all comes from; making us participate in the story dialogue as a party.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Esseles Flashpoint Trailer

Postby Grimblast » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:42 am

Something I noticed and you may want to keep an eye on, check the party portraits in the lower left hand corner as the players get their turn to talk. The one that gets to talk is the one that in a sense, gets the highest random number generated. They haven't anything about choices giving light and dark side related points until now during this video. There is a lot of commentary on the combat that takes place and you get to see 1 of each class in action. Overall, I have to say, this looks pretty fun and I look forward to playing this particular flashpoint as well. As I mentioned in TS to some of you, we can choose particular chat options in game to get a particular outcome we want if we work together on it or we can just go the random path and see what happens. Makes for an interesting change of pace when the in game story changes your path in the flash point.

Combat seems easy to manage and not too much of a learning curve exists to mess you up. At least, that's the way the video seems to show it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more content.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Esseles Flashpoint Trailer

Postby Grimblast » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 am

To add some more to this post, seems the boys over at swtorstrategies have found some videos from the beta client. I haven't tried to check them out but hopefully it provides a variety of visual input and answer some more questions about party makeup and what not.

Of course, being that this is beta footage, I'm sure the videos will be getting nuked from the internet soon.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat