It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

Wii! My arm is tired!

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Wii! My arm is tired!

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:28 am

The Wii is a pretty fun system and the controller is tiring!
I think after a while I might get used to it. Has anyone else had a chance to try out nintendo's new frankenstein?
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Turus wrote:Has anyone else had a chance to try out nintendo's new frankenstein?

It's... ALIVE! :shock:
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Haha
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Sonikku » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:07 pm

Tell us everything! I kind of want one of these things. :(

Although I suspect they will be sold out regardless no matter what my decision.
Sonikku

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Yeah, the did go fast. The controller is wireless to the nintendo and relies on the old proven light technology with a sensor bar used to detect the light from the controller. In say the starting menus you move the hand around with the Wii Remote(wiimote for giggles) and use the buttons on the remote to execute actions in the menu.

What I found nice was the backwards compatibility. You can download old nes, snes, n64, and sega games and play them on the system. You can even use gamecube games and gamecube controllers and memory cards!

The wiimote(hehe) has gestures you can use in video games to accomplish different moves and what not. Some games will give you training on how to use the moves such as the new Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess. The controller made me actually move around rather than just sitting there mashing buttons, you actually make hand movements to execute swings and aim your shots with ranged weapons.

I have yet to try Red Steel but I might have some time over the holiday to try it out ;)
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby DeathAndTaxes » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:38 pm

You wiinii. :-P
DeathAndTaxes

Postby Grimblast » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:05 am

Haha!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby cherry1 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:06 am

Oh yeah well gears of war is still better. Should have been a frist person though, taking cover and the way you move in cover would have made it interesting in 1st person. Also those Locust are tough SOB's.
cherry1

Postby Grimblast » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:52 am

Well, throw down with me on xbox live so we can show those locusts a thing or to. My handle is Grimblast as I mentioned in the Gears of War post a while back. I will hook you up with some crazy carnage :)
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum