It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:32 pm

Getting closer!

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Getting closer!

Postby Grimblast » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:48 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/199 ... Blue-Posts

Patch 4.0.1 release date
We're very close to the release of Patch 4.0.1, at this point the only question is "How close?"

As far as I can tell, you can probably expect the patch on October 5th or October 12th. Ghostcrawler already suggested that the patch would be deployed right before the end of the arena season and added that "they shouldn't have a lasting impact on ratings, titles, and the like".
Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
Since the current PvP season will end when these changes go live, they shouldn't have a lasting impact on ratings, titles and the like. We are prepared to just drop a temporary player damage nerf on all BGs and Arenas if necessary just so things don't feel too silly until everyone can level up to 85.

Additionally, the World of Warcraft Trial Website has been updated and now announces that the new streaming client will be available on October 5th, which is exactly what we've been testing on 4.0.1 PTRs.

As usual, nothing is official, but it's probably close enough.

This all makes for some interesting news. I figured the patch would be more in November or end of October given the balancing that Blizzard is still doing. I still look forward to the new talent trees but I hope I'm level 80 on some alts before this all rolls out.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat