It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:28 am

Ghostbusters

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Ghostbusters

Postby Grimblast » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:30 pm

For those that lived under a rock for a few years or just want to see a good movie here is a good link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hUHCr- ... mkt-ha-drt

That's right, Youtube is showing the Ghostbusters. For Free. The entire movie, enjoy!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:53 pm

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagum.

That is win right there. Except that I forgot how awful a movie it was 'til I started watching it again!

Excellent find. As a note: There are adds interspersed throughout the movie (see the little boxes below the seek bar?). While you can't skip them, the REALLY annoying thing is that you CANNOT TURN THE VOLUME DOWN OR MUTE THE COMMERCIALS. It sucks, because on my set up, I have to turn the volume up to listen to the movie, and then the commercials are WHATDIDYOUSAY? ICAN'THEARYOUOVERTHESOUNDOFHOWRETARDEDTHISIS!

So yeah, just be warned! Keep your fingers on the mute button for your headsets/speakers. Other than that, this is TOTALLY awesome. I'm glad someone is finally doing this!
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Snobal » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:50 am

Another similar site that does stuff like this is [url="http://www.hulu.com/"]Hulu[/url]
Snobal
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 am

Was it Hulu that was shut down and brought back a couple times by their parent company?

Edit: Never mind, turns out that Hulu was blocking someone else: http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl ... 07/2251233
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:24 am

Hulu is a site I visit when new episodes of TV series come on. With Hulu and youtube, I'm almost tempted to get rid of most of my satellite channels.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Swaagdaddy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:48 am

Actually between Hulu, Netflix and the Internet, I have given up "regular" TV. I can catch all the new shows on Hulu, watch Movies (some even instant) on Netflix and catch up on current events via the Internet. Saves a ton of money in my opinion.
Swaagdaddy

Postby Zancarius » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:30 am

I don't think you're alone, Zal. I get the idea that traditional media is trying desperately to figure out what to do to save a sinking industry.

The Internet has served to dramatically shift the way media is delivered. It's really "me" media: Media when you want it, media where you want it. Traditional media can't supply that sort of promise.

And the best part?

They think they can survive by upping their rates.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Sonikku » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 am

Thalaria wrote:Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagum.

That is win right there. Except that I forgot how awful a movie it was 'til I started watching it again!

you have precisely ONE SECOND to take that back! :x
Sonikku

Return to The Gaming Forum