It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:05 pm

MechWarrior Fans Rejoice

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

MechWarrior Fans Rejoice

Postby Zancarius » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 am

I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby MaxRile » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 am

i remember playing all those mech games back in the day and even playing mech commander gold /love =D
Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, Just one second.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby Zancarius » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:31 am

This should be worthwhile for MW fans, 'cause it starts during the Third Succession Wars--well before any of the video games.

The first one I ever played was MW2: Mercenaries. I even played a couple of friends their versus over dial-up with an old Pentium 200MHz.

That was fun.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 pm

It will be interesting to play the earlier parts of how the innersphere and what not became so fucked up. I was wondering what happened to the franchise but good to know they are making an appearence!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 am

Trekk informed me that they may be targeting PCs and consoles both, resulting in a dumbed-down version of the game.

Lame =(
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Sonikku » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:22 pm

Not wanting to limit their marketshare to only the highest end PC users, I imagine it's pretty typical that a lot of PC titles are designed to work on some of the lowest common denominator parts out there. It's great for market share, not so great for the engine. XD I used to play Mechwarrior back on the old Xbox in college. it seemed like a pretty fun game, especially with the Madcat guy. ^_^ I never played the second, but I hope this new one turns out well if it's anything like the original.
Sonikku

Postby Zancarius » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Sad thing is that most companies are going the opposite direction and targeting consoles only. Then they wonder why their titles are a bust. (FYI, I still think the individual who thought releasing FPS games on a console should have his testicles burned off with a spot welder, but that's besides the point.)

The MW franchise is pretty awesome. I was first introduced to it by a couple of my parents' customers back when I was maybe 15 or 16. I got hooked on MW2: Mercenaries and then later purchased the original MW2. MW3 was pretty fun, though I never played much MW4. Microsoft's releases just didn't have the same feel from those studios more directly influenced by FASA (maybe it was MS' touch that just rendered it "meh," I don't know).

Frankly, the DOS-based MW's were really awesome. You could eject, jettison ammo (if the core temperature were high enough to start cooking off rounds inside the mech), shut down, and so forth. Some of these features, as I understand, were retained and others removed because it was probably "too complicated." I hope this version maintains those. That'd be really sweet.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum