It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm

Temporary Guild Forums

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Temporary Guild Forums

Postby Zancarius » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:46 pm

Welcome to the Black Raven Dragoons forums. Currently, they are temporarily hosted on the DESTRealm.Org project server. Soon, they are expected to be moved to a location hosted by Turus under their own domain. The forum data is expected to be migrated when the transition takes place, so all user account information and posts will be maintained. For now, please create your accounts and post away!
Last edited by Zancarius on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:05 pm

I'll be transferring the forums some time within the next week or so to the server at Turus' work place. Due to recent storms, I've had to take down my Internet connection at home (I live on top of a hill--bad place to be during a lightning storm) and thus all sites on the DESTRealm project server, including this one. There's a few things I need to work out with Turus beforehand, but be expecting this to be on a different machine by this weekend.

Also, Uni starts back up for me this Thursday... yay. I'm hoping the frustration will provoke me to play a bit more frequently whenever I have freetime (although I think my freetime is going to dwindle in quantity).
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:43 am

I've issued some domain changes earlier this morning to get the ball rolling for moving the Dragoons domain off of the DESTRealm.Org project server. I'm currently waiting for the changes to propagate a little more before finalizing the move. During the move, the message board will be disabled to prevent further changes to the database.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:35 pm

The changes have propagated and taken effect. The forums will be switching over to Turus' server later this evening, assuming no obstructions prohibit an immediate transfer.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:06 am

I will be performing a dump on the database for the forums around about 11:30am MDT. I expect to have it transferred and running by noon.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:52 am

Okay, the move is going to be delayed. I ran into a few problems with the new host that need to be corrected in the interim. Access to the boards may be somewhat intermittent while DNS resolution goes completely apeshit today.

No, that isn't the problem, but since I've been changing the DNS entries frequently, I think it's going to be hell to pay. If resolution doesn't seem to work for you and you're running Windows, go to Start -> Run, type in "cmd" and click "OK." Next, at the command prompt, type:

ipconfig /flushdns

Hit enter, and then try again. DNS resolution should work at that point. Windows is so stupid it'll even cache invalid results for DNS entries. I'm hoping to have everything moved over to the new host by this evening but there are some things that need to be situated first with regards to the server config. I should've thought about this earlier.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:03 pm

Okay, trying this again...
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:17 pm

Whew, okay... I think it should be working at this point. There appeared to be some import issues with a table or two since my server is running a different branch of MySQL than Turus', but I think it is mostly a non-issue. Please report any errors you encounter to me as the ride might be a bit rough for a day or two.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to General Chat