It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 am

Emergency Maintenance February 17

For forum technical issues, problems, or connectivity outages and announcements, read on! Post here if you need help using our forums or services.

Emergency Maintenance February 17

Postby Zancarius » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:14 pm

I will be conducting emergency maintenance during the evening of February 17, 2016 to address CVE-2015-7547, an exploit involving glibc's DNS client resolver. During this time, all Goon services hosted on this instance will be unavailable for short periods.

Minecraft and GitLab instances will be down briefly during the late evening hours or during noon, MST, on February 18th.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Emergency Maintenance February 17

Postby Zancarius » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Site services and TS3 should be back up.

I had to rebuild PHP 5.6 from scratch using the existing AUR package, but it caused some minor pains in the neck due to the package renaming. I eventually just overwrote all of the existing PHP nonsense which is counter to the intent of the package (allowing PHP 5.6 and 7 to coexist). While this probably goes against the philosophy of the AUR and maintaining multiple versions of PHP, the latter is precisely what I don't want to do since nothing we're running currently supports PHP7.

I still have phpBB updates on the back burner, but coincidentally, the last release I tested also doesn't support PHP7. Until it does, we can't really update.

My server running Minecraft will be next to find itself updated, but that might have to wait until tomorrow sometime.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Issues and Support