It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:12 pm

Status on Mordrem event?

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

Status on Mordrem event?

Postby Grimblast » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:16 am

Was Elade able to get her last event last night? Is she sane this morning? Stay tuned!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Status on Mordrem event?

Postby Zancarius » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:17 am

Yes she did, and I think she retained her sanity (for the time being). So basically 2+ extra hours wasted for a shiny halo. Worth it? You decide.

Kinda glad that's out of the way. Personally, I'm not going to spend another weekend farming stupid crap for a very, very, very long time. That halo better be made out of the shiniest polished meat bicycle you can imagine, because I was going to work on the goon forum redux instead of farming.

Oh well. (Side note: If anyone wants to help port from bootstrap 2 to bootstrap 3, I'm all ears. ;) )
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:01 pm

I shall appreciate my halo more when my cerebral reticular formation stops short-circuiting. In related news, coffee still tastes terrible.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Just follow the unhealthy protocol I do: Add more sugar and creamer until it stops tasting terrible. ;)
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:38 am

Zancarius wrote:Just follow the unhealthy protocol I do: Add more sugar and creamer until it stops tasting terrible. ;)

This, hah!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:55 am

Hahaha.

As an aside, making coffee in an Aeropress is a million times better than using a crappy drip maker (and less mess than using a french press). Definitely not as bitter or burnt, and in the long run it's probably cheaper. It's really great when you combine it with a good grinder like this one and make a near espresso grind.

Since I have to drink decaf coffee to minimize my caffeine intake, I've found most such coffees taste absolutely horrible if you prepare them in the traditional American style (with a drip maker). Through the Aeropress with a good grind, it tastes surprisingly like fresh coffee!

(Also, I've used the Aeropress for loose-leaf tea before, including some herbal teas, and it works great. Easy clean up, too!)
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 am

Zancarius wrote:I've found most such coffees taste absolutely horrible if you prepare them in the traditional American style

Communist! Just kidding! I'll have to check out an Aeropress and see how I like it. I rarely drink coffee unless I need a pick me up from a late night and no real sleep. The application of it for tea sounds interesting since I do make that more than coffee.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:20 am

Grimblast wrote:Communist! Just kidding!

Best part is the Aeropress was invented by Alan Alder, an American mechanical engineer!

It's basically like a drip maker, a french press, and a turkey baster had a love child.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Highgrade » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 am

Ya'll must be drinking some really bad coffee.... or the numerous ear surgeries I have had have killed my taste buds....
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Probably the latter.

Black coffee is an acquired taste, kinda like Vegemite.

Except that with Vegemite, if you don't like the taste, you can use it to grease machinery.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to General Chat