It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:26 am

French Anti-tank Missile Test

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Postby Zancarius » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:32 pm

This gem was posted by a friend on another message board. Be certain to watch the video in its entirety. (This friend in particular is an international law student who has studied abroad numerous times. He is also fluent in German.)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9731d_4407

Note: I haven't checked the veracity of this; there is a strong possibility that this may be a hoax.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby cherry1 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 am

Im sure that definitely has to ba a hoax. Only because after it hit the ground and camera man rolled over there was more tham enough time for it to detonate, which it didnt, and they started to talk after a bit. If an anti tank projectile had landed in front of me i sure as shit wouldnt be talking casually!!
cherry1

Postby minihealer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:17 pm

that could be real . it might be like some american missiles that have a min. range till they arm.
minihealer

Postby cherry1 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:31 pm

True, but at the same time there should have been some sort of back blast or some sound of an explosion when it tried to fire. It looked as if it was pushed out or a spring was used as well. I still stick to it that it is fake.
cherry1

Postby Zancarius » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Well, it is French. For all we know, they had a guy in the back blowing really hard on the launcher to squirt the rocket out.

I've not found anything to the contrary indicating it's a hoax. Given the French track record with regards to military hardware, it wouldn't surprise me if it were an honest to goodness real video. Think about their problem-plagued nuclear aircraft carrier... (Hint: Its reactor was leaking at one point and they eventually had to scrap it.)
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Texel » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:33 am

Only thing that really sticks out to me as "hoax" is the caption -
'France's latest anti-tank missile, reputed to be as advanced as the American "Stinger" & "Hellfire".'

The Stinger is a shoulder-fired surface-air missile, not antitank - and the Hellfire is an air-launched air-ground missile, not a manpad.
Stright - 70 warlock
Zenjin - 37 priest
WWS
Texel
Honorary Goon

Postby Zancarius » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:50 pm

Good point. I don't think the media is quite bright enough to understand such a distinction, particularly with regards to military hardware. To me, that sort of mistake would contribute to the film's veracity. (I admit, I'm biased against the press. I think they're largely a bunch of blathering fools who haven't an ounce of gray matter between their ears.)

Good call, Stright. My anti-media biases aside, I think you've uncovered the best evidence yet that this is likely a hoax.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to General Chat