It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:46 pm

I've got my work cut out for me

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

Re: I've got my work cut out for me

Postby Elade » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 pm

389 Globs of ectos?! You've been holding out on me. I should have been mugging you instead of Lupicus.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:26 am

I'll need more practice with it but I did some speed runs of AC last night and they were surprisingly fast. Of course, the whole group knew what was going on. Lots of cheeser stacking and basic boss squishing but only on 2 paths. They avoided the one with the whole traps thing. I also discovered the gift of battle requires a WvW rank of 14 to purchase. That was a change I didn't see coming but I'm sure you've got that or higher rank by now thanks to EOTM. Also, another discovery, you can buy 10 obsidian shards at a time from the temple of Balthazar vendor. Back in my day, I had to click to buy only 1 shard at a time with their annoying popup until I had all the guestimate shards I needed. If you haven't already, stack up about 600 of those in the event the mystic toilet screws you on the mystic clovers. I say 600 because 250 of them are used to craft 1 gift. The rest are for the clovers. When I made Rodgort, that was about the amount I had to spend to get what I needed. If karma runs low to purchase that, world boss karma farm time!

Now, I could be wrong but there's a guild I saw doing a "Cleanse" event for Orr on Sunday night. They literally clear all the temples and events with an army. It was impressive but effective. If I see them clear the temple and you still need those shards, I'll give you a shout if I see you online.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 am

Most (if not all) of this info is on the wiki, which I've read through to get an idea of what I need. So I'm not too concerned about getting together various odds and ends, particularly since it's going to take me quite a while. Rachael's been very good about directing me to certain locations that I need (such as for world exploration) as well as some of the odd vendors. It's just going to be a slow process since I play, at most, maybe 2 hours a day with the occasional break. Once this holiday stuff is over, I suspect I'll be a bit scarce.

Grimblast wrote:I also discovered the gift of battle requires a WvW rank of 14 to purchase.

Yeah, I remember reading this. It's not a big deal since I'm above L35 or so. Maybe L36. It's been a while since I last looked, and I've opened a couple chests since then. I also have in the neighborhood of 5,000 badges.

Grimblast wrote:you can buy 10 obsidian shards at a time from the temple of Balthazar vendor.

Yeah. Read about this, and saw it last night (21,000 karma or thereabouts for a stack of 10). Too many people complained about the one-at-a-time purchase, so they fixed it. I'm not really concerned about getting the shards, because it seems that Orr is almost always open. And if it's not, someone is usually doing the events within 10-15 minutes (which is really great if you need them for whatever reason). Last night was curious, because two loot trains converged on the temple at the same time. So, it's not like it was prior to the mega server changes--if you hang out long enough, someone's going to open the temples.

I also have about 2.095 million karma, so I'm not overly concerned about running out at this point in time. By the time I purchase the shards, I'll probably have half again as much as I need (the total being somewhere between 800,000-1,000,000).

Either way, I'm holding off on purchasing items that are relatively easy to acquire or just require vendor unlocks, because I want to limit the amount of stuff that's sitting in my inventory waiting for me to process at any given time. I also have a few other things I need to do before I can even get to that point (world exploration being one of them, though I'm almost done).

I appreciate the tips, but at this point I have a pretty good handle on what I'm going to need. It's just going to take a lot of time and patience to eventually get there. And lots of gathering.

Elade wrote:389 Globs of ectos?! You've been holding out on me. I should have been mugging you instead of Lupicus.

Sorry. ;)
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 am

Seems every bit of info I've offered you in and out of game you knew so I'll leave you to it! Just give me a holler if you need something.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:16 am

So what I hear you saying is you're not concerned about anything. At all. Except that duo AC run we did last night. :trollface:

Edit: Also, Josh, I have some stuff I wanna send you for The Predator, but I keep forgetting, so mug me at rifle-point next time we're on!
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 am

The skelk are horrible.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 am

Zancarius wrote:The skelk are horrible.

Yep.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

Grimblast wrote:Seems every bit of info I've offered you in and out of game you knew so I'll leave you to it! Just give me a holler if you need something.

Well, between the wiki, Google, and leveling guides, there's not really any more information I need at this point. If there's any specifics I need, I'll post. Beyond that, I can't think of anything right now.

I suspect due to the rate that I gather things, and since I'm usually only on to do the timesink--err, daily--it's going to be well over 6 months or more before I get this built at a bare minimum.

My primary goal right now is going to be to collect the odds and ends that I need more immediately than others (ectos, tier 6 mats, etc), plus the materials I'm going to need to get a character's crafting skills up to par.

War of attrition, etc.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby MaxRile » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 am

Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, Just one second.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby Zancarius » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:25 am

I like that meme.

Also, you should buy a boat.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am

AC marks pretty much taken care of. Now get on those clovers! *whip lash*
Elade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 am

Zancarius wrote:it's going to be well over 6 months

Sounds about right. I did something similar for my Rodgort. Towards the end, yall helped me fill in some odds and ends that I was fighting with which was appreciated. Like I said, just keep me posted and I might be able to help fill in some resources!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat