It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:58 pm

WvW Tournament anyone?

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

WvW Tournament anyone?

Postby Elade » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 am

So this next patch or sometime soon after it's release starts the season 2 WvW tournament. I know Ben's super excited! But I thought it would be fun to spend some time on some weekend playing guerrilla tactics on the battlefield to screw with the enemy and earn rewards. It'd be a fun opportunity to shake things up from the lackluster living story and repetitive dungeons, I think. Since I'm not too keen on Zerg PvP, I thought we'd just roam around, backdooring and stonewalling the enemy zerg while avoiding the facerolling progression of our own zerg. Lemme know what ya'll think! (Ben already told me he wouldn't miss it for the world :trollface: ).
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Re: WvW Tournament anyone?

Postby Zancarius » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:09 pm

No promises! ;)
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 am

I've been thinking on this and I might be interested. What day and time were yall thinking about doing this? I'm actually off this Saturday(shocker) through Monday. I did patch up my game this week but I really didn't play. If I'm to prep for that kind of PVP, I'll need to work on getting my gear stats back up to snuff since I don't have anything in the realm of ascended stats save for Rodgort. Not sure what class I should bring for PVP since its been forever. I have a whole selection.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:04 pm

I think she was thinking about this Saturday when we last talked on Skype, but that may have been changed.

If we do something on Saturday, that could work. Though I'll only invest at most a couple hours.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Here's the link to the info page if anyone cares to read it: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-world-vs-world-fall-tournament-2014/

Saturday is fine, whatever works for most people. Also, I seriously doubt you need ascended gear. It's *minimally* better than exotic, and feel free to bring whatever character you want.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Return to General Chat