It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm

Warlords of Draenor.

Category for World of Warcraft-related discussions.

Warlords of Draenor.

Postby Highgrade » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

So apparently the devs at blizz have been watching too much Sliders recently on netflix. The new expansion is basically a plot from one of their generic plot bin. Character A goes back in time using the bronze dragon flight. Only, it's not just time its dimensional shift as well. so now our dimension is being invaded by a force from a dimension where the orcs were never corrupted,,, its all pretty generic. Looks like it might be fun for a bit I might try it out but yeah, if your confused about the how to's associated with this expansion go watch Sliders and apply the theory to wow.
Highgrade
Officer

Re: Warlords of Draenor.

Postby Zancarius » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Sounds like the franchise is a bit on the way out. Or the cash cow, rather. It's probably worth trying to just to see what sort of nonsense they're up to, but that does seem a bit generic. Then again, 10 years is a long time for a game.

Sad thing is that they have an opportunity to do something here that no other MMO maker has ever done: Allow you to play individual content expansions in succession and make it fit with the story. To put it another way: Using the Caverns of Time, they could make it so you could play vanilla WoW, TBC, WotLK, etc., so those who missed those content packs could enjoy them.

To that end, I have my own Bronze Dragonflight, but it's limited to before the events of Cataclysm, and it's called TrinityCore. Snap!
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to World of Warcraft