It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:56 pm

Metal Gear Solid 5 coming to Steam

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Metal Gear Solid 5 coming to Steam

Postby Grimblast » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Well this is interesting news. The Metal Gear franchise of tactical espionage games has traditionally been on game consoles as far back as the NES. I remember seeing their Revengenge game hit Steam and thought, man, it would be awesome if they released those other Metal Gear games on Steam as well. Well, it may not be all of them but this article confirmed that part 5 is coming to Steam. If you've never played a Metal Gear Solid game, you really should give it a shot. If not for the action, do it for the story telling. Lots of nice dialogue and voice direction in these games. Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes is a prequel to the Phantom Pain. If they end up listing both seperately, it's best to just get Phantom Pain since it will have more content than Ground Zeroes.

Ground Zeroes from my experience is a one map game that helps fill in a bit of story to hype the Phantom Pain. It does a good job of it but I'm sure you want more bang for your buck.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 coming to Steam

Postby Elade » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 am

Nothing like good solid testosterone-pumping, chest-thumping, fist-pounding meat cake gun-toting spine-ripping heart-sawing violence fest of explosive proportions to round out your rocket-firing train guns!

Case in point: Image

I was gonna add more masculine adjectives, but my estrogen is blocking them.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:39 am

Elade wrote:I was gonna add more masculine adjectives, but my estrogen is blocking them.

This made me giggle.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Just realized you said "Metal Gear Solid," not "Gears of War." Everything I just said still applies. Says me.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Return to The Gaming Forum