It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:21 am

Realm Splits

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Realm Splits

Postby Grimblast » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Tomorrow is the deadline for the free realm move that bliz has had posted for a few days. I'm curious to see what happens if not enough players left terenas. Bliz did threaten to split the server themselves if it came to that and I don't plan on leaving terenas.

I have been browsing their forums for some info to see if anyone moved on from terenas or it met their quota but no word that I have found yet. I will keep an eye out. I would hate for us to get split up from each other and Terenas is the home of all my characters.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:35 pm

I am wondering how they intend to do the realm splits or if it'll even happen.

What's rather stupid about this whole thing is that much of the over-population has occurred as a result of previously cancelled accounts being reactivated. It's completely senseless that the entire realm would be punished for capacity problems that Blizzard did not foresee. As much as I hate to rant, there are things that could have been done previously to prohibit this sort of nonsense...
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:12 pm

Okay, it looks like this: IF the realm is split and you don't make a choice as to which realm to go to, either Blizzard OR the Guild Master will choose the realm for you: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 8317&sid=1

The upshot is that, if we're lucky, we don't get split. If we do, we can all go to the same server.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 am

Interesting. Well, here is hoping things go well. If they split us up today, I will say what server I'm gonna put us on. I will be trying to login today to see if we end up with the transfer option or not. They did say in that post that the it goes players choice, then the guildmaster, then bliz. So, I will try to say what server I'm hopping onto so we all go there.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:11 am

If it goes according to their FAQ, you will have the option of selecting a server at the character screen. You will also be able to change your choice of server up to the split date. Should it come down to that, let us hope that they give us time before the split.

I'll be in classes without 'net access for most of the day until this afternoon. I will try to keep an eye on the forums.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:32 am

Well, so far from logging in, no message indicating a split yet. I will still keep browsing the forums as well. Once they call it off we won't have to worry about it hehe.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 am

Ok, update, they changed the date for the free moves to end on Friday the 26th. So we won't know anything I guess until then. /drama
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat