It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

Wildstar, Sci-Fi MMO

Interested in games? So are we! Share your thoughts, strategies, and tips with the rest of the guild! (Previously Non-Warcraft Game Chatter.)

Wildstar, Sci-Fi MMO

Postby Grimblast » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:36 am

I really hadn't seen anything on this game until now but Wildstar looks interesting in a Borderlands-esque/Guild Wars 2 kind of way. It doesn't appear to be a WOW clone from what I've researched on their site. Combat looks Guild Wars 2 like but maintains its own little twist of line markers for guns for instance so you know what your damage arc is when you charge and fire. Their humor is interesting and their videos are entertaining.

It's currently in beta so I signed up on their site to see if I can get access to it. There's a lot going on in the game and a ton of features with a hybrid subscription model. You pay a monthly subscription fee but there is an alternative to it. You can use in game currency to purchase a special currency that can be used to renew your subscription. This is something similar to what Champions Online and I believe Eve does. Anyways, I'll post some more on this later since I'm at work.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Wildstar, Sci-Fi MMO

Postby Grimblast » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 am

Ok, some free time to post stuff. So, here's some eye candy to explain the factions. I like the comedic way they introduce them and the races.

According to what I heard in the videos, the classes can fulfill multiple roles in the game which I find interesting. I like how funny they make the videos and that alone is a bonus when you can tell they at least have a sense of humor. Their Youtube channel and website has a ton more information to go over so feel free to check it out.

It looks like the game will be released June 3rd and is currently in beta on select weekend tests. Early access is obtained if you preorder(starts March 19th) and that early access starts on May 31st.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Wildstar, Sci-Fi MMO

Postby Grimblast » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 am

Pre-orders start this morning after 8am PDT. If I understood correctly, you get beta access which happens to be firing up again this weekend.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to The Gaming Forum