It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:20 am

Temporary Shutdown

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Temporary Shutdown

Postby Zancarius » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:59 am

Hi guys,

There's a massive series of DDoS attacks going on right now that are targeting numerous gaming networks. I'm going to shut down our Minecraft server for the time being. It's not under attack, nor does it report itself to any public lists, but I'm concerned that it's plausible these script kiddies have tools that might be able to scan IP addresses for Minecraft servers. Rather than exposing ourselves and giving these idiots the jollies in their loins they're craving, I'd rather disable it for a time until things blow over.

It's been about two or three weeks since anyone logged in, and I suspect that last login was probably me.

I apologize for the inconvenience but better safe than sorry.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Temporary Shutdown

Postby Grimblast » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 am

No worries dude. I'm glad you've kept track of that! It's just unfortunate that someone would target game servers which are only there for people's enjoyment.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft