It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 am

Housing decision

Place for just chatting up Final Fantasy stuff.

Housing decision

Postby Grimblast » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:10 am

Ok, so after some research and talking about it with HG and Matt, it looks like we will be aiming for a medium house. The small one is just that, too small. It's the size of an Inn room. So we now have a lofty goal of roughly 6 Million Gil. We are currently approaching 2 million thanks to donations to the free company bank from members. I usually pull in about 10 to 40k a night so I keep depositing all my profit minus whatever I need for repairs. The duty finder is a good source of Gil for those looking to earn without access to the beast man tribe quests or any crafting.

I'm usually on after 6pm MST so feel free to hook up with me and I'll queue as any role needed for duties(Tank, healer, DPS). You would be surprised how much loot you can sell from dungeons. HG had an earring of all things sell for 15k.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Housing decision

Postby Grimblast » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Ok, so, after more in game research, a small house it is. Medium housing after the next price drop is going to above 10 million and I'm not sure we are willing to wait/save that long. HG and I did a tour of some of the houses players have built and small actually works quite well for our small free company. We should have the small house purchased in a 2 weeks time or less since the cost drops every 6 hours.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:45 am

Had a few good runs in the Marketplace with selling goods so we may have a house this weekend or by the end of next weekend. The prices on housing are dropping more than I expected. Sometimes around 200k to 500k. We are almost at 2.3 million and the locations we are looking at are around 2.9 mil and 3.2 mil so it's only a matter of time. The down side is since we are on the highest population U.S. server, everyone else is watching the same thing we are so getting the prime location we want is going to get tricky.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Highgrade » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:55 pm

House Hunters Aorzea edition.
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:28 am

Dang straight! This morning confirmed price down to 2.7 million. So it is dropping by 200k every night. If this pattern rings true, it should be down to 2.5 million. As of my sales last night and my deposits of gil, we are at 2.4 million. I think it will be an easy goal to get the 2.5 million tonight and purchase that land. With the price dropping this low, I'm worried there will be a lot of buying of land today.

Assuming the materials I posted sell, I'm looking to receive at least 10,000 gil or more. I can easily pull another 10,000 gil from doing a daily roulette and my tribal dailies which goes by fast.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Highgrade » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:30 am

Fantastic! I will be on a little late tonight got a doctors appointment
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:42 am

Looks like their price reductions aren't as predictable as we've seen through out the week. They only reduced the pricing by 20k last night. It's resting at 2.7 million even as of this morning so back to the gil making trade. I managed to deposit some more this morning and hopefully my stuff sells while I'm at work. It will put us a lot closer to 2.6 million. May have to think about doing levequests or a bit of crafting and selling to get us where we need to be.

Matt, now would be the time to deposit that gil I told you to hold off on. Don't deposit too much though! You still need gil for repairs and what not.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Update: We have land for a house! Now a caveat I didn't foresee. We have to buy a building permit for 450k gil. Clever game! 450k gil shouldn't take us long. Once we have that, there appears to be 3 types of houses we can build and then we can start laying out the floor plan inside and start setting up the outside.

They make us work for it but we got one of the better lots in Mist!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat