It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:38 pm

Service Status and Outages

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Service Status and Outages

Postby Zancarius » Tue May 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Current status: Online

If you're looking for the status of Mojang's authentication services, go here.

Thursday, July 18th - approx 9:30AM MDT

Issues related to the Apache process caused several services to be terminated on the machine hosting our Minecraft instance. The Minecraft server will most likely remain offline until we can resolve some pending fixes and updates and migrate the sites over to NGINX.

Update: I'll be re-starting the Minecraft server following the release of Bukkit 1.6.2 beta. It's still in development but should hopefully be released within the next week.

Tuesday, May 21st - approx 10:30PM MDT

The Minecraft server instance (or Java) appears to have frozen and become unresponsive. I first noticed this when Dynmap wasn't returning anything.

I've since forcibly stopped and restarted the Minecraft process and everything looks OK. I believe it froze sometime after 4:45PM MDT today, so it's unlikely any altered chunks experienced rollbacks as the last player activity occurred about 1:00AM this morning and should have been saved.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Service Status and Outages

Postby Zancarius » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I have temporarily restarted the Minecraft server pending some other updates. It's still running 1.5.x (not the "Horse Update"), so if you have the latest launcher, you should be able to select a previous version (1.5.2 in this case) and create a new profile using that. Be sure to download the updated launcher first.

Edit: The server may be inaccessible due to the socket binding on the wrong protocol. Although it appears to be using IPv4 as well, indications are that it's only binding on the TCP6 sockets. This might be a Java issue, but I can't tell until I fiddle with it a bit later.

Edit edit: I'm stupid. That's actually the problem. I forgot that iptables had been reinitialized, and I hadn't added the Minecraft server ports. ;)

Plus side is that it should work over IPv6 if Josh were to add his server's IPv6 address to the AAAA records for blackravendragoons.com.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft