It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 pm

Possible Expansion?

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

Possible Expansion?

Postby Zancarius » Mon May 27, 2013 5:33 pm

I was looking up information on the personal story to see if I could continue it (I'm guessing I can't since the refugees have been removed, but it's impossible to find anything) and came across this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/13/guild ... expansion/

It's not a definitive yes or no and leaves room open for the living story to be used in place of expansion content, but it certainly seems that no one's ruling out and honest to goodness expansion. I'd honestly like the idea of an expansion introducing new classes or races as well as completely new zones. One of the things I've absolutely loved about GW2 is the ability to buy up additional character slots. It's much better than the whole "Oh, you want more character slots? Go play on another server" response of those other MMOs that shall remain unnamed.

On the other hand, the downside to Guild Wars seems to be that taking lengthy breaks from the game means missing out on content that'll never be available again. I guess that's one way to keep people hooked: Demand that they have no life outside the game. Jerks.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I have other hobbies that don't include gaming, but it certainly is frustrating. Such is the plight of an MMO I suppose--if you want accessible content, play single player games.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to General Chat