It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 pm

MC server offline... for now!

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

MC server offline... for now!

Postby Zancarius » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 pm

I shut the Minecraft server down some time ago due to necessary bits and pieces of housekeeping we had to conduct. Since then, Minecraft 1.4 has come out and the CraftBukkit builds may not yet be stable enough to use. We probably won't restart the Minecraft server until that time, and there's no point starting it now since most people tend to click "update now" and will likely be running a newer, incompatible client. As I've mentioned before, we're reluctant to run the latest vanilla release because it limits us to whitelists alone and greatly nerfs our monitoring capabilities.

When a stable CraftBukkit release is out, I may post a poll to see if there's still continued interest in running it. I know I haven't personally been playing it but on rare occasion, and I can tell from the logs that seems to be true in general.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: MC server offline... for now!

Postby Highgrade » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

I was wondering why I couldn't connect.
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Jargath » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 am

I was in the mood to play a little minecraft the other day. I'm still interested in playing it. I'll keep checking the forums for an update.
Jargath
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:59 am

In that case, I might just try deploying the Bukkit 1.4 beta. I'm somewhat reluctant to since it's still pretty buggy, and if you're not currently running 1.3, you definitely won't be able to connect to the server if I don't update it. This is because the updater will take you from whatever version you're at to 1.4 with nothing in between. :(

So, I'll spend some time today updating it. Just be warned that there will most likely be bugs. Also, not all new features from 1.4 are yet implemented in Bukkit, sadly.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

I've updated the server to 1.4.2. This is the beta release and may be unstable. I've also tried to trim the max amount of memory the server can use slightly to keep it reigned in a bit, but that may contribute to crashes.

However, I have noticed a bug with the beta CraftBukkit release we're using. It appears that you might be disconnected the first time you attempt to connect. If that occurs, just try reconnecting again. I'm not completely sure what causes this.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft