It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:41 pm

Upgrade to 1.7.x this week

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Upgrade to 1.7.x this week

Postby Zancarius » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:42 pm

I've been making some preparations to upgrade to a Bukkit version supporting most of the 1.7.x features. Although it's only partially up to par with 1.7.2, it does allow 1.7.4 clients to connect. I've done some preliminary testing on my Linux desktop, and it appears that the plugins we currently use all work with this version of Bukkit. I have not tested MultiVerse, however, but I expect it will probably work as well. This means we'll be able to continue with our initial plan of generating a new world for the 1.7.x features, linking it to the previous one you all know and love (and have been pouring much of your time into).

I'm not precisely sure when we'll be heading forward with this update. When we do, you'll be able to dump your previously saved profiles, and just follow the latest version of Minecraft (for now). Typically, the "latest" version is linked to the profile that bears the same name as your account. So, if you select that, you should be ready to play.

This update will take some time to implement, and we'll need time to verify that it works and to construct a nice little spawn area. I'll be posting more later on when you can participate. The spawn construction will probably start on a new instance in creative mode. Once construction is completed, I'll overwrite all inventories and such with those saved from the server in its current state (meaning that you can't horde stuff from creative mode, but you'll get all your old stuff back). Then we'll take it from there.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to 1.7.x this week

Postby Zancarius » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Possibly tonight or on Christmas Eve, I might start prepping the Minecraft server for the 1.7 transition so we can get the spawn point situated.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade to 1.7.x this week

Postby Zancarius » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:38 pm

This is kind of a last minute thing, but we decided as of tonight to leave the server in creative mode for the time being. I don't know how long we're going to leave it in this state, but the gist of it is to work on the spawn area (or expand it) and add your own personal touch. We want to afford everyone a chance to pitch in and leave their own mark on the server's spawn point until it reverts to survival mode, which will happen probably in a week or two. Unless we completely change our mind, of course.

Have fun!
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft