It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Should we add another survival world?

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Should we add another survival world?

Postby Zancarius » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Since Minecraft 1.4 is out, and I've updated the server to 1.4.5, I've been wondering: Should we add another survival world shared with our initial world? I'm asking this because Minecraft 1.4 has added a few new items like potatoes and carrots in addition to a number of new terrain features. As a bonus, if we add another world, we can link portals from your original base to the new territories you've staked out. That does leave some additional questions:

• What should be done about the hardcore world? It's interesting, and I like the idea, but once you get established, it's no different from the regular hard mode server. We could try some additional things: Bump up the death ban from 30 minutes to a day, enable PvP and set it to free for all (not enough people to really make this work), or leave it roughly as is. Creeper explosion power can be bumped up now, I believe, so that's another possibility.
  • Should we have a creative mode instance? If so, should it be a flat world (for experimenting) or a regular world with some extra powers like WorldEdit features available to most.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Should we add another survival world?

Postby Jargath » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm all for another world. I'm enjoying the cubicle world right now after not playing it due to SWTOR and GW2. Taters are the food of choice for me. Easy to grow and worth 3 health each. I'm still pretty much learning new things as I go but I am certainly willing to try anything. Maybe a game of Spleef.
Jargath
Officer

Postby Highgrade » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Survival scares me I forget to eat lol! And them damned creepers!
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Hahahah, well, looks like a new world it is (the new one will be bound to the one you're currently in). Not sure what to do with the hardcore mode world just yet since I released it right when the terrain generator got changed (again). Sigh.

Keep it or restart it and we'll have a Minecraft night where we all try not to starve to death in a new world?
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:03 am

I've added a new world attached to the portal complex. To get there, travel to the world spawn for the default world (that's the one you're in right now--or should be). If you're not sure where it is, go to Josh's place and then find the cobble stone/gravel road leading to the south to Matt's. If you see a building with a tower, you're in the right spot. The portal hub is inside the main complex and down a bit, and the new world "Homestead" is the first portal on your right.

Or check the map and look for "spawn."
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft