It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 am

Portal Problem

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Portal Problem

Postby Jargath » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:40 pm

I built a portal in gooncore and got it all lit up. When I stand in it it seems to go through the animations but I'm not being sent anywhere. So, I built a 2nd one in my home thinking that maybe it needs a place to go besides the nether. Same issues. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it's something disabled for the world. IDK.

It sure looks purtty though.
Jargath
Officer

Re: Portal Problem

Postby Zancarius » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Is this in the hardcore world? It's probably a plugin problem on the server side. I'm actually not completely sure what it's supposed to do with multiverse enabled on a world that doesn't tie into the standard nether.

I'll have a look. There should be something in the log.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Okay, think I found the problem. It looks like Multiverse actually requires the nether portal plugin in order to work with nether portals. It'll take me some time, but I should have it working probably by tomorrow afternoon.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:37 am

A portal in the nethers, ouch! :wink:
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Multiverse nether support should now be added. I haven't had a chance to test it, but next time you're on, give it a try in the hardcore world.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Jargath » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 pm

:roll: Dumbass me, I accidently updated to 1.4.6. wasn't thinking, I know. Of course bukkit is currently developing the server for it. So, I will have to wait a bit longer to test it out. They added fireworks which might be fun. I guess it's been a mod for awhile. looking forward to launching a few.

I'm assuming that there is no way of going back to 1.4.5 in the mean time.
Jargath
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 pm

There's a beta build I think. Only problem is that the plugins we're running break with the 1.4.5 recommended build (and I assume probably the same for the 1.4.6 beta). There are probably ways to downgrade to 1.4.5 but it's kind of tedious. One such path is MCNostalgia and requires some manual effort (at least as far as using the command line and such).

I'll do some testing with the betas, but unfortunately they might be broken. :(
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Looks like I was wrong: The build for 1.4.6 is a dev build and may be somewhat broken. The only solution for now will be to use MCNostalgia to try bumping down your client version. I'll see if I can do a write up if the instructions in the link I posted are unclear. There might also be a front end available that makes it a bit easier to use.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Jargath » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 pm

OK I am back to 1.4.5. :D MCNostalgia was so easy to use, even a Caveman can do it. (couldn't resist) Anyway, the portals do send me to the Nether. N A K E D! Got there with no armor, no weapons, no stone blocks, extra obsidian, blah, blah, blah. So I quickly hopped back into the portal, because you all know how well I get along with fire. I'm assuming its connected to the regular world and not a separate Nether of it's own.
Jargath
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Jargath wrote:OK I am back to 1.4.5. :D MCNostalgia was so easy to use, even a Caveman can do it. (couldn't resist) Anyway, the portals do send me to the Nether. N A K E D! Got there with no armor, no weapons, no stone blocks, extra obsidian, blah, blah, blah. So I quickly hopped back into the portal, because you all know how well I get along with fire. I'm assuming its connected to the regular world and not a separate Nether of it's own.

Ah crap. I know why. I forgot to add it to the world list for the hardcore worlds so the inventory is shared.

Sorry about that.

Also, good to hear about MCNostalgia. I've heard some mixed things about it, although that was probably a year or more ago. Some people said it worked, others thought it was too painful/manual.

Edit: The nether for "gooncore" should be brought up with the correct inventory next time I restart the server.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:18 am

I forgot I can just reload the inventory plugin since it actually supports configuration reloading. I did that earlier tonight, so hopefully it'll be working. I don't have a nether portal set up in my part of the zone to give it a try, though.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Jargath » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:33 pm

I just tried going through portal. Inventory is still not making it through. All slots are empty.
Jargath
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Okay, pretty sure it's fixed now.

Code: Select all
>mvinv info hardcore
18:15:10 [INFO]  ===[ Info for world: hardcore ]===
18:15:10 [INFO]  There is no world profile for the world: hardcore
18:15:10 [INFO]  ===[ Info for group: hardcore ]===
18:15:10 [INFO]  Worlds: gooncore_nether, gooncore
18:15:10 [INFO] Shares: hit_points, economy, food_level, saturation, exhaustion, xp, total_xp, lvl, inventory_contents, armor_contents, bed_spawn, maximum_air, remaining_air, fall_distance, fire_ticks, potion_effects, last_location, ender_chest
18:15:10 [INFO] Negative Shares:
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:46 pm

And apparently I crashed it. If you were on at the time Jar, sorry about that. Not exactly sure what I did, but apparently Minecraft didn't like it.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Logged in and checked it. Looks like the inventory sticks, and the server should be up and running--and hopefully also working. :)

I'll do some plugin testing probably Christmas Eve to see if I can update the server so that purple notice doesn't pop up anymore. Otherwise, we'll probably be stuck with 1.4.5 for now. :(
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft