It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:00 pm

Planned Minecraft 1.1 Update

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Planned Minecraft 1.1 Update

Postby Zancarius » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm scheduling the deployment of Bukkit v1.1 for probably Saturday at noon, MST. I'm in the middle of helping my folks with some renovations, so my time has been very limited.

Josh alerted me that Bukkit released a v1.1-compatible update as of yesterday. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I'm expecting that we'll be deploying it Friday evening sometime. Since the update will require some downtime of the Minecraft server instance, we may also take the opportunity to update a number of plugins. Be aware that the updates will depend on the results of our tests and may be delayed until this weekend.

Since there's a couple of you who've accidentally updated Minecraft to 1.1 the day it was released and are likely using my hack of copying over an old minecraft.jar, you'll need to essentially remove the hack and restore Minecraft to such a state that it can be updated. You should be able to do this by removing the [tt]version[/tt] file in the [tt].minecraft/bin[/tt] directory.

To remove the version file in Windows, type [tt]%AppData%\.minecraft\bin[/tt] into either the run dialog or the "search" text field from the start menu and press enter. This will open Windows Explorer to the Minecraft [tt]bin[/tt] directory, and you can remove the [tt]version[/tt] file from here. If this doesn't work, you may need to delete both [tt]minecraft.jar[/tt] and [tt]version[/tt].

Linux and OS X require slightly different directions, but I don't think that's a concern in this particular case.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Planned Minecraft 1.1 Update

Postby Zancarius » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:51 pm

The Minecraft server has now been updated to CraftBukkit-1.1. Follow the instructions above to force your client to update if you've used a hack to revert it to Minecraft-1.0.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:04 pm

Sweet! I just used the web based client and I guess it's actually snowing out at my place. I'm at the office so can't play here but just had to take a peek at a few things!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Highgrade » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 am

i think there might be an issue on the server. i was just on and when i try to interact with the storage boxes or the crafting table all i get is a script stating that "aychgee created"item name".....
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:15 pm

I can't seem to duplicate the issue and there's nothing in the console.

HG, could you take a screenshot of that when it happens?
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Highgrade » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

Must have been a client glitch I beat up one of my bOxes and laid it down again it is working again
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Grab a screenie if it should happen again. Pressing F2 inside the game should take a snapshot of everything we'll need.

Minecraft stores its screenshots under %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots (or ~/.minecraft/screenshots for everyone else).
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft