It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:44 am

New World

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

New World

Postby Zancarius » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:10 pm

As most of you have discovered (or, more likely, were a part of), you may have noticed that the world has been regenerated and you can't get back to previously built stuff. Don't worry, we're working on it.

We've generated a fresh world using the 1.7 world generator and have left it in creative mode. We're still in the process of deciding exactly what we want to do insofar as the eventual game mode, but most of us are leaning toward leaving the default mode in creative, with a portal hub going back to the old world you know and love as well as a fresh survival instance created with the new generator. Both old and new survival instances will share inventory state with each other but not with creative mode. Since we've never really had a full-on creative mode instance post-beta that actually worked right (or that people visited), we may give this a try as the default game type along with some WorldEdit commands I'll be making available to everyone. That said, I may disable the more dangerous features that can get you into trouble, but for the most part, do whatever you want. Boatloads of TNT explosions are OK, but don't be surprised if I find what you destroyed and regenerate it. This is particularly true if it impacts server performance.

We have yet to actually re-implement the multi-world connectivity that existed previously, but you'll be able to freely go between creative and survival once we do. For now, just have some fun.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft