It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:27 am

Minecraft Server Version: v1.7.2 BETA (updated March 2nd)

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Minecraft Server Version: v1.7.2 BETA (updated March 2nd)

Postby Zancarius » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

The Minecraft server has been updated to the latest CraftBukkit beta build supporting Minecraft 1.7.2 (changelog) and will remain so until newer versions of Bukkit are released. This post will be updated accordingly.

See the wiki for changes and improvements in this version. If you haven't played since Minecraft 1.4, 1.5, or 1.6 you should review the changes since version 1.5 (the "Redstone Update") and version 1.6 (the "Horse Update"). Dozens of new features and blocks have been added including hay bales, charcoal, and carpet. Horses, donkeys, and mules have been added to the list of mobs in Minecraft 1.6 and you can now create a "lead" (basically a leash) to force mobs to follow you, domesticate additional animals, and ride horses or utilize pack mules for your gear.

Moreover, 1.7 now includes substantial changes to the terrain generator, including new biomes and improvements to existing biomes. There are now various "rare" biomes that spawn infrequently that have certain unique features specific to that biome (e.g. flower forests).

You'll need to download the latest launcher to be able to play Minecraft 1.7 (Windows binary; other platforms need the .jar). If you've played Minecraft since 1.6, you have the new launcher. If not, then you need to download the latest version.

If you encounter problems while playing on the server, disconnections, or anything unexpected, please post a new thread describing your problem.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft Server Version: v1.5.2 BETA (updated May 3rd)

Postby Zancarius » Fri May 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Updated the Minecraft server to 1.5.2.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft Server Version: v1.5.2 BETA (updated May 3rd)

Postby Zancarius » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 am

We'll be holding off on the 1.6.2 update for some time. Bukkit support for 1.6.2 is still in development and has some minor issues that might cause a degree of annoyance (leads with horses break if the lead is attached to a fence that is itself adjacent to another block).

I'll likely restart the Minecraft server tonight, but we're going to be disabling Multiverse in lieu of recent issues.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft Server Version: v1.6.2 BETA (updated August 5t

Postby Zancarius » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm

The Minecraft server has been updated to CraftBukkit v1.6.2 beta.

All Multiverse plugins will remain disabled for the moment restricting access to the additional worlds we created some months back. Due to the increased memory usage Multiverse imposes on the server, we may not re-enable it for some time. At the very least, we may be shifting web services over to NGINX in order to avoid complications from what appeared to be a massive failed brute-force login attack.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Dynmap is disabled. Over the course of about 10 hours, it increased the Minecraft resident memory by about 50% over what the max limit was set to. I think this may be caused by specific configurations, but it's disabled since it could potentially interfere with other services running on the goon machine. Unfortunately, this means the server maps will be offline until the issue can be resolved.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Updated to the latest 1.6.2 recommended build to address certain security issues in the previous recommended build.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft Server Version: v1.6.4 BETA (updated October 2

Postby Zancarius » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Updated to the latest version of Bukkit supporting 1.6.4. We've also run the Bukkit utility for saving certain generated structures (like strongholds) so that 1.7 doesn't overwrite some parts of the existing world.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft