It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

Minecraft 1.13 Update Aquatic (coming July 18th)

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Minecraft 1.13 Update Aquatic (coming July 18th)

Postby Zancarius » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 pm

With the impending 1.13 update for Minecraft, it's worth noting that this is one of the largest updates in a couple of years, and it will be some time until the server I'm running is updated. According to the Spigot devs this may be the largest update since 1.8, for instance.

Until then, minecraft.destrealm.org will be running 1.12.2 and will stay on the 1.12.* branch until a majority of plugins currently in use are migrated. Unfortunately, due to the nature of this update, it's likely some of the multiverse plugins will cease to function--at least for now--requiring me to shunt your characters into the default world. Be aware that a large swath of the world in the immediate vicinity of the spawn point, and in some cases up to 3000+ blocks from the origin, has already been explored; if you wish to encounter newly generated oceans, you may have to do some additional exploration. I'll see about setting up some teleportation plugins to make this process easier.

Also note that our monsoon season is in effect and as this is hosted on a file server at home, there's a small possibility Minecraft may be unavailable periodically in the event we lose power, which has already happened at least once.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft 1.13 Update Aquatic (coming July 18th)

Postby Zancarius » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:04 pm

The Minecraft server is still on the 1.12.x branch, and I don't plan on updating it for the foreseeable future. Development on the Multiverse series of plugins has stalled (or died, I can't decide which), and because Minecraft is at a state where I'm fairly pleased with the ability to switch back and forth between older worlds and current ones, I'm reluctant to do anything.

Of course, this means that if you want to play on our Minecraft server, you will need to configure your client to use version 1.12.2 (creating a profile is pretty easy). I may post a guide this week, but being as very few people log in to the MC server now, I'm not particularly worried.

For those of you who do, it does imply that the aquatic update won't be enjoyed on the server until such time as I can find an alternative to Multiverse or figure something out. From what I recall reading on the Spigot forums, their multi-world handling code has dramatically change, so not only does this mean the current Multiverse versions will not work, but they may also require non-trivial porting efforts in order to continue functioning. Since they were last updated in 2016, I don't hold out much hope unless I dig around and go about the porting effort myself (I know nothing about Spigot, however).
Zancarius
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft 1.13 Update Aquatic (coming July 18th)

Postby Zancarius » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:04 pm

As of about a week ago, I updated my Minecraft server to 1.13.2. So far, it looks like everything (including Multiverse) works. If there's any issues associated with this, just post them here or contact us on Discord.

I have some other surprises I'm working on for the time being, so stay tuned!
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft