It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 pm

DreamLand

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

DreamLand

Postby Zancarius » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 am

I've added a mod to the server that allows you to access the DreamLand.

This is an unfinished version of the overworld that was discovered by some developers mucking about with Minecraft internals and ported to Bukkit. The Bukkit mod allows you to access the DreamLand only via beds (it must be night time); simply go to sleep in a bed, and you'll be transported to the overworld. Be patient, though; it takes some time for the overworld to be rendered, and depending on how recently it was loaded, you may warp in with the terrain unloaded. In this case, wait until your character stops falling. You may take 2-3 hearts worth of damage (I'm planning on enabling invulnerability) when you first warp into the DreamLand.

The only mobs in the DreamLand are chickens. However, they serve a purpose: If you kill chickens until you obtain a feather, you can equip the feather and right-click to fly around. Flying is a little awkward, so it may take some time to adjust.

To exit the dream world, you must fall off one of the islands. This will port you back to the bed you last slept in.

Bear in mind that this mod is exploiting unreleased code in Minecraft in order to function. There are certainly bugs.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft