It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am

Classic Sounds + Gravel Resource Pack

Minecraft isn't just a chip off the ol' block. It's an addictive and deceptively complicated construction sandbox game. Play in survival mode (multiplayer, too!) while building fortifications to protect against zombie hordes--and other baddies that appear during the night--or try your hand at massive projects in creative mode. We run a local Minecraft server instance for guild members and others on an invite-only basis. See the sticky posts in this forum for details!
Forum rules
This forum is specifically intended for Minecraft-related discussions.

Classic Sounds + Gravel Resource Pack

Postby Zancarius » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:41 pm

I've put together a modest resource pack that returns the classic sounds of Minecraft's rain and doors which are, IMO, arguably superior to the modernized versions. Also included is the classic Minecraft gravel texture. If you prefer not to overwrite the modern gravel texture, simply remove [samp]assets/minecraft/textures/blocks/gravel.png[/samp] from the .zip and repack it.

I have always had a strong fondness for Minecraft's indoor rain sounds, because it's reminiscent of the occasional heavy downpours in NM during monsoons. The updated sound pack introduced around 1.10 doesn't have the same effect and is noticeably weaker lacking the emotional punch. I suspect they were aiming to reduce rain to a meager background noise, perhaps to improve the game's ambience and draw attention to other sounds, but I don't like it! Here's the fix:

Old Default Resource Pack (Classic Sounds + Gravel Texture)

Drop this in your Minecraft resourcepack folder, go to options, then resource packs, and click the "play" button on old-default.zip to add it to your active resource overrides.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to Minecraft