It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 am

Progression in Cataclysm

Instance and raid scheduling.

Progression in Cataclysm

Postby Grimblast » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:29 am

Doing the usual browsing around on the internet I found the following blue post that might help us gauge what we will need to do if we want to raid in the next expansion. What they had to say was pretty straight forward

Originally Posted by Valnoth (Source)
Below is the basic progression map. Obviously your mileage may vary, i.e. If you're Paragon or Premonition you will be able to skip some of the below and/or mix and match at your discretion.

*Normal Dungeons/Crafting/Questing to get full set of 85 blues (non-heroic) to do Heroic dungeons.
*Heroic dungeons to get full set of 85 Heroic blues to do Normal mode raids.
*Normal raids to get full set of 85 epics (non-heroic) to do Heroic mode raids.
*Heroic Raids to get full set of 85 Heroic epics, which will presumably help a bit on Sinestra and the next tier (when released with patch 4.1.0)

*Badge vendors to help fill in gaps at all tier levels.

*No real gating to speak of for ship.

*Sinestra opens after Cho'gall is defeated on HEROIC mode. No timers or attempt limits, but she will pound you relentlessly. She has better than Heroic epic level gear (half a tier better).

What makes this very believable is the fact that he is one of the lead world designers. So we may want to keep this info in mind while we gear up in Cataclysm. I will probably create a sticky post later where I'll start summing up all this information as I find it to save look up time in the forums.
Last edited by Grimblast on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made into Sticky post. Mmm, Sticky.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Progression in Cataclysm

Postby Tirian » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:52 pm

I rather like this conceptually.

That's all, I have nothing more useful to say.
Letting the demon do the work for me since 2004.
I play to some degree: WoW (EU now, US before), Guild Wars 2 (EU), SWTOR.
Tirian
Officer

Re: Progression in Cataclysm

Postby Tirian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Data released on average gear levels upon first completion of raid content: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/03/a-sur ... #continued

Couple summary key points: People are averaging higher ilvl's on the 10-man content than the 25-man, and the entry raids are beatable with heroic and high-end crafting equipment on both 10-man and 25-man.
Letting the demon do the work for me since 2004.
I play to some degree: WoW (EU now, US before), Guild Wars 2 (EU), SWTOR.
Tirian
Officer

Return to Instances and Raids