It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 am

Old-World Guild Runs

Instance and raid scheduling.

Old-World Guild Runs

Postby Killemal » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:58 am

Looking through the guild achievements list, I see there are quite a few guild achievement points to be earned by defeating the old-world bosses with guild groups. So, this Sunday after BH, I'll be putting together a guild group to go knock out some old-world bosses for a few hours. Every run will be a speed run (not waiting for looters, pulling as much as we can and hauling ass through the instances). With any luck, we should be able to do most of Azeroth in one day, leaving Outlands and Northrend.

So who's interested?
Killemal
Retired Goon

Re: Old-World Guild Runs

Postby Grimblast » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 am

I'm game. Most of it will be a walk in the park. We need at least 8 guildies to get guild credit I believe on 10 man raids and the old world stuff we will need at least 10 guildies since a guild gets credit if 1/4 of the 40 man is comprised of them. No one has to be super geared at 85 to knock this stuff out either. Plus it will help each member's personal achievements if they still have yet to get them.

Now that I think of it, most of the BC content will require us to have 20 I think for credit on the 25 man raids there. Here's something I remember reading from wowpedia.org:

Guild achievements are a combination of general, pvp and raid achievements earned through efforts of the guild as a whole. You will typically need 80% of a dungeon (4/5) or raid (8/10, 20/25) to be from the same guild in order to gain credit for events, with the exception of 100% for arena teams (2/2, 3/3, 5/5) and 25% for 40-man raids (10/40).

This might hold true still. I'll update the MOTD and get people interested in the event come Sunday. Since these are raids, we could pretty much invite most of the guild in to knock them out since I doubt we will hit the limit for guild members in the old world raids.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Killemal » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:00 pm

I just confirmed that all party members have to be in the same instance in order for it to count for the achievement. So much for splitting up!
Killemal
Retired Goon

Postby Grimblast » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:19 am

Sort of reviving an old post here but, the other day Sunder, Seak, Jargath, Sniipes, and I finished up all the old world 5 man instance guild achievements. Next step is the Outland 5 man heroics.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to Instances and Raids