It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:14 am

Lord Ahune Strategies

Instance and raid scheduling.

Lord Ahune Strategies

Postby Grimblast » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Here is a strategy I found posted on wowhead.com

Heroic Lord Ahune is, in my opinion, THE most difficult heroic fight Blizzard has implemented, and they should be proud. To kill him, you should clear the pack of 3 naga and a sporebat, the 3-naga pat, the slavehandler, and the 4 Lobstrok in the middle of the area - Ahune himself will spawn the other side of them, and them being alive pretty much guarantees a wipe.

Phase 1:

A large Ice Elemental will spawn, followed by smaller water elementals, 2 at a time. Set a melee DPS, if you have one, to small ones, and have the rest nuke big one. Big one has an aura, 300 dmg/3 secs, stacking up to 10 (1k dps), so try not to bring too many melee or you're in trouble. Smaller adds don't do much dmg or have much health, but can quickly overwhelm the party, thus the melee on them.
Additionally, small rings of ice will appear on the floor troughout this phase, which will turn into large icicles after a few seconds, dealing approx 2k damage and knocking anyone hit into the air - so move away!
After the large add dies, no more if it will spawn, but small ones will continue - tanks can help kill them (druids go kitty, etc).

Phase 2:

Lord Ahune will retreat into his core, which you can then nuke. Blow all your CDs - this needs to go as low as possible, 40% is a good number to aim for. After a lil of this, he will move to p3.
One thing to be aware of - the ice around him can cause you to Slip Up, which is really a 1 second knockdow/stun.

Phase 3:

Same as phase 1, but an air elemental will spawn with water ones. Its no real problem, just an extra add to deal with and something to be aware of.

If you don't kill him in 2 cores, you are in trouble, and likely running OOM (similar to Ragnaros).
When he dies, a chest will spawn which contains an epic and the pattern for Enchanting Deathrost, and the chance for a small pet, the Scorchling (in normal, i've only ever got 1 epic, although I assume theres a chance for pattern/pet). Also, Shards of Ahune (which start a quest for a tabard), a badge, and some Huge Snowballs, which are like normal ones with a bigger animation and a higher arc when thrown.

Good luck!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:10 am

From our experience, this guy dropped 2 epics and a quest item to get a tabard.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Highgrade » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:50 am

lets kill him yrael needs loots
i want that staff!!!!!
Highgrade
Officer

Postby Tarlas » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:08 am

Im down to kill him (I know you guys already ran tho)
Tarlas

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:44 am

He didn't seem that bad to me provided everyone in your groups knows what to do. My first time facing him was Heroic and we won. Granted, having two Warlocks is a tremendous boon, what with double trouble seed spamming to kill all the adds all while keeping dots up on the elite and Ahune himself. It should be noted that damage against Ahune is reduced by 75% when not in his vulnerable state. However, instant cast dots are easy to keep up and make an appreciable difference as the encounter drags on. Priests appear to be the best healers for this fight as their HoTs and aoe heals are far better in keeping the group up then single target cast time healing. The biggest knock against them is they'll be taking a lot of add aggro so they need to be brought down fast.
Sonikku

Return to Instances and Raids