It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:30 am

Worgen customization: problems and partial solutions

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Worgen customization: problems and partial solutions

Postby Tirian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:28 pm

As some of you have already discovered, Worgen customization is currently somewhat problematic. People are raging about it on the official forums (like everything else... QQ).

Some of the issues are:
A1: Debate about how so many of the human customization options are missing or broken (i.e. male "Wild" hair is loading with the wrong model).
A2: Debate about how the skin tones and hair colors do not correlate, i.e. currently the palest human skin equates to worgen black hair.
B1: Debate over the fact that druid forms are determined by human hair color, which cannot be seen on the worgen model and means your druid forms will not automatically match your worgen form.
B2: You can only see worgen form in the barber. For the B1 reason, this is an especially big problem for worgen druids that want to change their druid forms.

I don't really care about the A issues given. Some of it will be fixed, and some of it won't. It's not really worth the QQ. Besides, worgen skin tones and human skin tones need not necessarily correlate... I like that I have a black human / white worgen rogue and a white human / black worgen druid.

The B reasons suck a bit more however, especially if you're playing a druid. Well, a partial solution/workaround does exist. When you're sitting, as a worgen, in the barber's chair, type /transform. Don't use Two Forms, and don't change to human before sitting in the chair. That won't work. But if you type the manual /transform command, you will be able to see your human form while in the barber's chair.

The only bug I've noticed with this is that if you pay the barber while in worgen form, changes to the human hair color (hence druid form colors) will shift randomly to a new shade. Paying the barber while in human form, however, seems not to create this problem. FYI, worgen druid forms do roughly correlate to the human hair colors, except for white druid form / bright red human hair.

I hope this helps anyone in the future that is trying to match up their worgen, especially the druid.
Letting the demon do the work for me since 2004.
I play to some degree: WoW (EU now, US before), Guild Wars 2 (EU), SWTOR.
Tirian
Officer

Return to General Chat