It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:09 am

Tribes: Ascend beta coming Nov 4th!

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Tribes: Ascend beta coming Nov 4th!

Postby Grimblast » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:30 am

This year has been a busy one for new games and what not and I just found an email in my box from Hi-Res studios for the new Tribes: Ascend game! For those that don't know Ben and I were Tribes freaks since the very first game. Anyways, there is a beta for the new game starting Nov 4th and if you preorder now, you will get instant beta access that day. Currently the game is 33% off and I'm not sure how long that offer will last. The confirmation I got for my order details that it may be like an MMO given the phraseology they sent with it but I may be mistaken.

Once the beta begins, you will have VIP access to the game, a 30-Day Active Booster, and 800 Tribes Gold.

Boosters usually entail more XP gain and the currency they are referring to could be used for equipment. I will see once I get into beta on the 4th. It looks like once you have preordered, you can start downloading the client but I'm at the office right now and cant further investigate that. But, I'm very excited to see Hi-Res is getting this done as they said they would! I've enjoyed their free to play model for Global Agenda and look forward to the new Tribes!

For those interested in Tribes: Ascend, here is the link I got from their email to preorder it.

For those not familiar with the Tribes series of games, they are a First Person Shooter that allowed you to jetpack and ski around. There were vehicles to fly or drive on the ground as well. Based on the gametype, you were either doing deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill style play, rabbit, head hunter, etc. They were strictly multiplayer save for Tribes: Vengeance which was a big flop :-\.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Tribes: Ascend beta coming Nov 4th!

Postby Zancarius » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:37 am

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:32 am

I forgot to mention the game will be free to play when it comes out. The one time fee you pay through their offer gets you VIP status which means you have a slight advantage of sorts. It's sort of what they did with Global Agenda for those that are familiar with that game. You don't have to buy it to play it.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby MaxRile » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 pm

So Broke.... Urg to buy growing
Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, Just one second.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Return to General Chat