It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:38 pm

Tech support of some interest to the Guild

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

Tech support of some interest to the Guild

Postby Grimblast » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:42 am

Check this out. After some haggling and explaining to blizzard, the denizens of Terenas have got the response we needed from Evanm to confirm we are not crazy and that there is a problem.

I'll quote Evanm:
"Who saw my jumping gnome in Ironforge, his name was Adgewe?

Oh and yes the latency was high. Again I'm not the one that does the actual investigation, I can just log on to add more data to my report."

all of the thread is here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-tech-support&T=994963

It's quite a read but something to keep an eye on.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:39 am

Very nice investigation, Turus :D If this is any indication, perhaps they're bound to isolate the problem very soon.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:04 am

No kidding! I'm gonna keep an eye on this. Evan is the man!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Snobal » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:31 pm

/aplaud Turus. Thanks so much for finding this man, i as well am going to keep an out on these forums. Evan FTW. People are abusing the living crap out of Evan. I guess they just dont understand that there just feeding the fire :cry:
Snobal
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:07 pm

Reading the responses EvanM has received is really rather painful. I knew there were a large number of imbeciles who play the game, but I didn't know that there were that many stupid people who actually know how to post. Sure the latency is frustrating, but I'm not going to take that as a queue to post entirely in uppercase, misspelled words. Heavens, my hope for the species has dropped another notch or two on the ladder of ineptitude.

It's good to know that Blizzard is investigating the problem. Given the amount of time that's passed, I should think they're having trouble isolating the exact cause, which is probably due to the population load on the server (EvanM stated that Terenas is suffering a "general latency around peak time"). As a result, it's probably difficult for them to locate the exact source of the bottleneck, be it an on-premises router or not.

Besides, I can always use a break from the game as it is. =)
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to General Chat