It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:11 am

New Site Design is UP!

For game and non-game related chatter, links, and other goodies, go here.

New Site Design is UP!

Postby Grimblast » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:59 am

I'm proud to announce that we have the new site design posted up on our homepage. It's taken a few months but we settled on something that fit what we were looking for. I hope everyone that browses our forums takes the time to check the design and even comment on it. I'm looking for some of our members to contribute to the site eventually since we are looking for gaming news and event news for games we are playing. I can expand on the list of games we are playing on the right side of the site as well as give content authors a run through as to what they can do to add to the site. As always, hit me up in the forums or in Steam(handle in Steam is Grimblast) and I can give you a run through as to what I had in mind. I'd post more but my cold medicine is kicking my butt right now.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: New Site Design is UP!

Postby MaxRile » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:26 pm

I know for some of us that once Skyrim hits shelves you wont see them for awile.
Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, Just one second.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby Grimblast » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:37 pm

I was going for a focus on multiplayer/co-op games. Single player games tend to go out of style fairly quickly and I prefer we work together since we get more out of a game if we can all enjoy the game with friends. I'm not saying single player games are bad though. I'd just prefer the "What we are playing" is centered around games we all work together in. I suppose it depends on everyone in our fold though. What do we think is considered groovy enough to put on the "What we are playing" list?
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey little kid, want some Minecrack?
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby MaxRile » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 am

Sure! mister, your swell.
Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, Just one second.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 am

What makes me laugh more is how Ben's forum avatar looks like he is handing you something, hah! :lol:
I'll work on adding Minecraft(crack) to the list of stuff we are playing.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 am

I could put some white stuff on Tal's gloves, but that's liable to be misinterpreted as a (failed|successful) handjob instead of crack.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm

That's because,"You Don't Have Enough Stamina!" :lol:
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Hashel said he had more but was done after 5 minutes tops.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Oh man, hahaha!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 am

Seems something has killed the media library on the site so I'm working on it. Haven't interacted with the server for a few days so probably something silly. I'll have the images up later today.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:29 am

And just now figured it out, some hard coded stuff is in the way. Seems when I moved directories, it still believes images are stored in that old location. Going to fix it as I get time today. At the office at the moment.

Update: Fixed. So, here's food for thought when moving a wordpress based site from a subdomain to somewhere else, apparently the URL addresses for media in the media library are stored in the mysql database you setup so they will always reflect the domain address at the time they were posted. Seems that data is stored in the wp_posts table of your wordpress database. The following mysql syntax will save you time in the event you have to move your page somewhere else.

Code: Select all
UPDATE wp_posts SET guid = replace(guid, 'http://www.oldsiteaddress.com','http://www.newsiteaddress.com');

That should fix the media library urls so they point to the right place in your new domain location. I guess the site was affected for sometime since I had it all cached from before I moved it. Silly me for not catching that.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Tirian » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:32 am

The new design looks great, guys :-) Well done!
Letting the demon do the work for me since 2004.
I play to some degree: WoW (EU now, US before), Guild Wars 2 (EU), SWTOR.
Tirian
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks! And I saw your other post, awesome that a company fire wall blocks out access to the site. My jobs done here! *flies away* :roll:
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat