It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:26 pm

The story so far

Place for just chatting up Final Fantasy stuff.

The story so far

Postby Grimblast » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:39 pm

I came across this during some free time and some of you may be interested in this. What's interesting is this is stuff back from the first incarnation of ff14 before they had to redo it. There seems to be a bit more put into the cut scenes than what we got in the remake of it.

This appears to be the beginning in Uldah from what I've had the chance to watch and I would've preferred it compared to what the reborn game does now. And there's a lot more voice acting going on.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: The story so far

Postby Elade » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 pm

But talk bubbles are just so...final fantasy! Pretty sure Cloud had to learn how to speak for the Advent Children movie.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Re: The story so far

Postby Grimblast » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 am

This is true! I think what makes this game work for me is the fact that it reminds me of the old games as well as the fact it plays more like an rpg than an MMO but with multiplayer! Speaking of FF7, they have a Gold Saucer like place in the works for FF14 so we shall see what crazy mini games they throw our way.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat