It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:28 pm

More Guild Content coming with HoT

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

More Guild Content coming with HoT

Postby Elade » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:24 am

So if anyone who is not me has recently read some GW2 news threads (don't give me that look, Ben) you'll see that Anet is really harping on tackling the new (and pretty expansive) content in larger groups. Raids, Guild-focused WvW, and Guild Halls are huge corner stones to the expansion. If we're going to do this, though, I'ma need some help with the walkthroughs and handouts, and we may need to be more active. Last time I pitched the idea it fell flat due to people having other commitments (disclaimer: that was a totally nonjudgmental statement), so let me know if you guys are willing/wanting to do this. If not, I'll see what damage I can do on my own. :biggrin:

Let's go get us some cannon fodder!

"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Re: More Guild Content coming with HoT

Postby Grimblast » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:42 am

Name a time/time frame and you know I will be there. It's a 3 day weekend so may be a good time to assimilate new members. If there's a ton of interest, may have to divide up in groups for recruitment. Anyways, name a time and we will see how many are online and ready. Then we can go from there. Also, lets not be afraid to hand out teamspeak info for those that can/want to use voice coms rather than just party chat. I want people to know we aren't afraid to use our resources. If the new player seems ok to you, everyone does have the ability to recruit.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:26 am

You'll need to bug me if you're on. I tend not to boot to Windows unless I'm asked to try something like GW2.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:46 am

How about this evening we start off with AC or something?
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:48 am

What time?

(Could ask on Skype, but maybe others will see?)
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:44 am

7:30ish my time? Or whenever those of you living in the past are done with dinner.
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Might be a touch early for me. 6:00MDT/8:00EDT are when I'm usually done and cleaned up.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Well, someone got impatient. ;)

I'm gonna need to know a time a bit more in advance than 30 minutes.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:09 am

Well, since our original idea didn't work quite as well as we thought, I've brainstormed a few others thanks to people in the apartment below me who know nothing of the 12 o'clock rule. We could still use dungeons as recruiting tools, but say so right out that it is a recruitment run so we can get to know each other and help new people learn the ropes, and that it will NOT be a speed run that most established players are looking for. I've also thought about possibly using Anet's forums, since I believe they have one specially for guild recruitment, but I'll need to look into that. As a side note, it might be kinda fun to make a little music video/slide show with all the screen shots we've accumulated to post it to the website (with our classic witty commentary, of course), then add that to any recruitment message we spam.

As Ben mentioned before, the biggest influx of new and returning players may not happen until around launch, but we can still have fun with it. ;)
Elade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:57 am

Hmm, recruitment video. So I do have Sony Vegas Pro(because silly hobbies). If we can come up with a script and maybe use some in game footage we grab, we could do something funny like one of those Ren & Stimpy infomercials(No singing, sorry Highgrade). Well, without the vividly gross detail of course. Gonna need non-copyright music. May have to mash something together. Music always sets the tone. Course, what I'm thinking about is like a Machinima type video. We should all get on TS this week and brainstorm and then maybe this weekend pool our resources together and see what we can come up with. The video could take time to mash together but at least it's something we all helped add to. I've always wanted to do something like this but it requires multiple people.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to General Chat