It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm

First HoT beta this weekend

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

Re: First HoT beta this weekend

Postby Elade » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:49 am

I'm on call this weekend so hopefully there won't be any hospital emergencies in the evening. They did change skill points and stuff so ya'll may want to log in and fiddle around with those if you haven't already.
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Postby Zancarius » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Fortunately, it's easier.

Unfortunately, what they default you to likely doesn't match what you had before as well as they claim.

If you neglect to look at it closely, you're going to miss a trait or two that you wanted. I had to look at my necro at least two or three times to verify I wasn't missing anything important.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Zancarius wrote:Depends on whether I get stuck doing something.

In your pants...

Ok, got some of the dirty thoughts out of my head for this Friday. Thanks for the heads up on the skill points. I did spend a bit of time dinking with my skills a few days ago. I like the changes. I miss some trait combos but it works out better now from what I've played in game.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Yeah, some of it's good, some of it's bad. Overall, it's an improvement. I think the simplification of traits is definitely better and pushes similar traits out of trees where they didn't make sense. (I do feel that the skill training mechanic seems stupid and feels like a sort of "we have to make players feel they're earning something when they level" concession--probably the only way to retain the previous level balance they had before, but I'm not sure why max levels don't have them pre-trained since it's not like you won't figure it out if you happen to roll a new one.) Despite ArenaNet picking defaults that "mirror" what you had selected before, I don't think a single one of my characters actually had many of the traits they did originally and definitely required substantial tweaking.

Grimblast wrote:Ok, got some of the dirty thoughts out of my head for this Friday

Speaking of which...

I did upset Rachael tonight when we were doing some Arah (she wanted to practice moving Lupicus, and I wanted to go along). My frustrations were excessively voiced, and I hurt her feelings. She's been blaming herself for everything since, (it wasn't her fault, but I can't convince her of that) and I believe she's under the impression I won't want to go tomorrow. So, I dunno how that's going to work out. I really need to learn to not be so grumpy.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat