It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:38 am

Article about guild missions

Chat pertaining to Guild Wars 2

Article about guild missions

Postby Grimblast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 am

Found an article about what it kind of takes to get guild missions and what they are and what we get for doing them. We are going to need 50,000 influence just to unlock guild missions........
*sigh* Looks like the small guilds get shafted a bit more. So looks like once we finish 2 weeks worth of Art of War Training(which the article isn't sure what the prereq's fully are but they are trying to clarify with Arenanet) then we are back on the saving influence wagon until we can actually purchase access to the missions. Assuming we do dungeons like we have been doing and grouping up to do events for more guild influence, we should have guild mission access by, oh, 2 months from now. :lol:

When I get online tonight, I'm going to see if the patch has been applied yet and take a good long look at the various influence trees. Once I see them, I'll be able to figure out what the deal is with the missions and what else we are going to need.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Article about guild missions

Postby Zancarius » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Sad thing is, it hasn't been taking us much time to accumulate influence. It's the build queue time that's going to take an eternity. That's a bit disappointing.
I gave that lich a phylactery shard. Liches love phylactery shards.
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:27 pm

True, the influence does come in at a decent rate given our guild's size. This isn't a race so I'm not going to worry too much. When we get there, we get there, hah!
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah, in the comments someone seemed to scoff at 30k influence, claiming that his guild of 5 or 6 people couldn't ever reach that. We have a slightly bigger presence in GW2, granted, but usually never more than 6 or 7 on in the evenings and rack up influence pretty quickly. Guess we're doing something right!
Zancarius
Site Admin

Postby Elade » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:59 pm

50000 influence? Easy. We get five people to make ten characters who finish the entire story line and net 1K influence. Bam. Done. :wink:
"I am a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
Elade
Officer

Postby Grimblast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 pm

I think what sets us apart from some of the other guilds, we play together. The influence system rewards people of the same guild more influence when there's at least 2 or more in a party doing events and dungeons. So as Matt has said before I believe, "That's F'ing team work!"
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Zancarius » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 am

As of this writing, they have a notice up about Guild Bounty missions not functioning. So, it's somewhat hilarious to sit back and watch while frustrated members of the larger guilds find they can't do anything with them anyway.

Side note: Does ArenaNet even have a test/deployment test server to, you know, test this stuff on before deploying it to the live servers? For all Blizzard's faults, they at least had public test realms online for some time preceding a patch to iron out most of the bugs in a controlled but more or less public environment. Consequently, most of their live issues were related to things they either didn't have on the PTR or couldn't fully test (e.g. more realistic population loads).

You'd think after about 4-5 months of pushing out patches, breaking things, and then scrambling to push out 3 more patches in the interim just to get things working they'd learn that sometimes public betas can be useful...
Zancarius
Site Admin

Return to General Chat