It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 am

Beta Test Weekend Announced

Star Wars: The Old Republic chat and discussion. Have something you need to share? Go here!

Beta Test Weekend Announced

Postby Grimblast » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:25 pm

For those of you that have signed up but didn't get into any of the beta stuff yet for SWTOR, don't fret! Today's article from Swtor.com has some interesting new information.

How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks.

The article has more details but you can go to other websites and get into the beta through them too.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Re: Beta Test Weekend Announced

Postby MaxRile » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Gawd Damn Wording i wanted to play Star Wars!!!
Alice: How long is forever?
White Rabbit: Sometimes, Just one second.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm

True, but keep an eye out for an email that says you get to play and which weekend. If you got the first email, its to get you prepared and make you aware. I guess they will notify 3 days in advance so you can get a chance to download all the client files. From what I've seen around the net, its somewhere around 20 gigs so expect a long download depending on how fast your connection is.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:31 pm

More info off of Swtor.com's facebook. Looks like they are aiming for a big beta test on November 25th to the 28th. Keep an eye out for a chance to download the client near that time.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby MaxRile » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 am

ok i got the beta key typed it in and now we play the waiting game......... head bash desk!
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby MaxRile » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:52 am

Check your inbox you mite be getting something.
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Postby Grimblast » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 am

I got mine yesterday and already started the process. I think I'll have the content all downloaded today. We should coordinate what beta server we are playing on so we can team up. I'm actually off this Saturday for once so I'll try and get up super early and meet you on TS unless they let us play sooner than Saturday. My goal is to get a feel for the gameplay mechanics, instances, and if we can get far enough, space travel.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby Grimblast » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Looks like I'll be beta testing starting Friday around 10am CST. That means 9am MST for me. Did you get an email bounce saying a day and time, Matt? I'm hoping to coordinate what server we both play on so we can tear some stuff up as a team.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Grimblast
Site Admin

Postby MaxRile » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:27 am

Yup and i got that problem fixed turns out i wasnt crazy all the answers were correct for the questions asked but the question they kept asking was something diffrent then what it was showing originally they said it happens and kindly gave me the answer =D

ps i wrote them all down this time lol
-Lewis Carrol
MaxRile
Crazy Goon

Return to General Chat