It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

Crafting Boosters and experience, how do they work!?

Place for info on crafting and recipes

Crafting Boosters and experience, how do they work!?

Postby Grimblast » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 am

There's a misconception about Crafting Boosters that I thought I'd like to stamp out since I was a victim of this. After I've leveled a few characters and used these boosters, I've noticed the tooltip's experience boost it's referring to is only for the crafting profession experience and not your character's personal experience. A crafting booster 'boosts' the experience it takes to get your profession leveled up faster, thus saving you time and materials. Now you are thinking, does this hurt your personal experience gain from the profession? The answer is no. From my experience(redundancy hoooo!), you will get up to 10 experience levels from a profession. As you level up the profession, it's giving you a guaranteed personal experience gain as you are working the profession. The gain in personal experience you are getting from it is percentile based. I know you are dying to know why! So let's get some supporting info to assist you with this.

Here's the official wiki article about character experience. Some nice to know information there about where all those beautiful numbers are coming from.

There is a table that discusses how certain actions(exploring, crafting, killing stuff, events) give you percentile based experience down below. I'll offer some clarification on how the experience is rewarded for crafting since their table isn't 100% clear. Lets assume you're just starting a profession for the first time and you are in the 1 to 100 crafting level. What this table means is for each crafting level you obtain, you gain 1% of the total experience you need to level. When you enter crafting levels between 101 and 200, you are earning 2% experience per crafting level earned and so on. For simplicity sake, below is a list that will help you figure out how many experience levels you can obtain through each crafting tier because math, how does it work!?

Personal Experience Levels gained per Crafting level group
  • Crafting Levels 1 - 100: 1 level
  • Crafting Levels 101 - 200: 2 levels
  • Crafting Levels 201 - 300: 3 levels
  • Crafting Levels 301 - 400: 4 levels

If you were curious about some more of the ins and outs of crafting experience and what not, here is the crafting article on the official Guild Wars 2 wiki.
Guild Wars 2 Characters
Turalia Gearspark - Asuran Engineer ----------- Turus Gearspark - Asuran Guardian
Thelena Turusian - Norn Warrior ---------------- Jake Turusian - Human Thief
Dililah Turusian - Norn Necromancer ------------ Rahl Braincrusher - Char Mesmer
Star Earthbreaker - Sylvari Elementalist -------- Rylo Preystalker - Char Ranger
Grimblast
Site Admin

Return to Crafting